We have an exciting opportunity for a Delivery Manager to join our fast-growing International IT services business based in, Hertfordshire. Proceed Group are recognised global experts in SAP archiving, decommissioning and content management of enterprise systems. In a nutshell, we help large organisations to better manage their data which results in improved business and IT performance, reduced costs, increased ROI and ensures legal data compliance. In our 20-year history, we have helped 700+ customers with their SAP data management strategies.
This newly created role is a full-time position. We are open to the location of applicants – ideally someone based in the East or South-East of England, but we will consider other areas within the UK. The majority of work will be home-based, but there may be occasional requirements to work from client sites.
The areas of responsibility for this role are very wide and thus require thorough knowledge of both the technical delivery of Decommissioning projects and the various company processes. You will also be responsible for the management and resourcing of projects for our Decommissioning tool Cella. In addition you will be required to help recruit, resource and manage a delivery team.
To thrive at Proceed you must be a self-starter who can work independently with little management. We trust that you are an expert and as such we’ll leave you to get on with your job, but will be on hand to give you the support you need to excel. We welcome innovative ideas and if you think we need to change what we do and how we do it, tell us and we will listen.
For our projects to be successful there are four simple KPIs that we look at:
- Will the customer shout from the rooftops about what a great job Proceed did?
- Will our consultants say that had an enjoyable and stress-free time working on the project?
- Was the project delivered on time?
- Was the project delivered to budget?
Summary of role
- Excellent communication skills
- Clear thinking and listening skills
- Extremely approachable – excellent social skills
- Adaptable – has great insight and an ability to adjust effectively to the business requirement
- Very analytical – intent on achieving best for business requirement
- Excellent understanding of business in multiple sectors including government
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Wide understanding of project delivery techniques
- Detailed understanding of risk management
- Ability to explain and articulate risk and issues
- Extremely adept at problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Works extremely well under pressure
- Keenly aware of delivering best value
- Motivator – extremely good at team building and leading groups of any size
- Extremely good at explaining complex problems and bringing complex solutions to life
- Has the ability to animate and connect to even the most mundane data management projects
- Liaise with CEO/SMT to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals with respect to Decommissioning delivery
- Regularly evaluate the efficiency of business procedures according to organisational objectives and apply improvements in collaboration with senior stakeholders
- Manage the Decommissioning team to deliver solutions and products for customers
Personal qualities that we are looking for:
- A people person with the ability to understand, engage and build relationships with key stakeholders at all levels, no matter the personality type
- Dynamic and confident – a go-getter, confident in your own abilities and in communicating with others
- Challenging – having the confidence to question and push back where appropriate to either clients or consultants
- Meticulous and proactive – the devil is in the detail – be the one who identifies and manages risks and issues before they surface, to keep the project in the green
- Resilient and flexible – ability to deal with demanding projects, personalities and urgent requirements in a fast-paced, start-up style, changeable environment
- Independent and responsible – you will get on with whatever is required and take ownership for your projects
- Problem solving – problems don’t phase you and you simply rise to the challenge and find a solution
- Curious, interested and informed – we don’t expect you to be an expert in what we do, but we do expect you to want to learn more about the technicalities of project delivery in order to enhance your management of projects
What’s in it for you?
- A rare opportunity to be pivotal team member in a fast-growing business with global ambitions
- Involvement in a large variety of projects for big customer accounts
- We provide a flexible and supportive working environment – as long as the job gets done, we are happy to provide reasonable flexibility and in return we would expect the same if required
- Hybrid/remote working
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Competitive compensation package based on experience of candidate