We have an exciting new opportunity for a seasoned Project Manager to join our fast-growing International IT services business based in, Hertfordshire. Proceed Group are recognised global experts in SAP archiving, decommissioning and content management of enterprise systems. In a nutshell, we help large organisations to better manage their data which results in improved business and IT performance, reduced costs, increased ROI and ensures legal data compliance. In our 20-year history, we have helped 650+ customers with their SAP data management strategies. For more information visit https://www.proceedgroup.com/
This newly created role is a full-time position. We are open to the location of applicants – ideally someone based in the East or South-East of England, but we will consider other areas within the UK. The majority of work will be home-based, but there may be occasional requirements to work from client sites.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join Proceed at a critical stage in our growth. You will be instrumental in improving and strengthening our Project Management capability and will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects from small to large, short to long, all with well-known enterprise end clients. You may be required to work on one major project or you could be running several small or mid-sized projects.
Our projects are delivered by an friendly team of expert technical consultants, based across the UK and Europe, as well as our offshore centre in India. The projects we run are business critical to our clients, who entrust us with their valuable data, so they want to know that their project is in your safe hands.
To thrive at Proceed you must be a self-starter who can work independently with little management. We trust that you are an expert and as such we’ll leave you to get on with your job, but will be on hand to give you the support you need to excel. We welcome innovative ideas and if you think we need to change what we do and how we do it, tell us and we will listen.
For our projects to be successful there are four simple KPIs that we look at:
- Will the customer shout from the rooftops about what a great job Proceed did?
- Will our consultants say they had an enjoyable and stress-free time working on the project?
- Was the project delivered on time?
- Was the project delivered to budget?
- 5+ years of project management experience in an SAP environment
- Experience working on multiple client-facing projects
- Excellent stakeholder engagement (both internally and externally)
- Relevant Project Management qualifications
- Comfortable working mainly using waterfall methodology but with the possibility of running some projects in an agile way if appropriate
- Good organisational skills – ability to multi-task, manage and prioritise workloads
- Proficiency in use of office software, most notably PowerPoint, Word and Excel as well as experience of Project Management software
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Numeracy – comfortable working with numbers
Nice to haves:
- Exposure to SAP archiving, decommissioning or content projects
- International experience
- A second language
Personal qualities that we are looking for:
- A people person with the ability to understand, engage and build relationships with key stakeholders at all levels, no matter the personality type
- Dynamic and confident – a go-getter, confident in your own abilities and in communicating with others
- Challenging – having the confidence to question and push back where appropriate to either clients or consultants
- Meticulous and proactive – the devil is in the detail – be the one who identifies and manages risks and issues before they surface, to keep the project in the green
- Resilient and flexible – ability to deal with demanding projects, personalities and urgent requirements in a fast-paced, start-up style, changeable environment
- Independent and responsible – you will get on with whatever is required and take ownership for your projects
- Problem solving – problems don’t phase you and you simply rise to the challenge and find a solution
- Curious, interested and informed – we don’t expect you to be an expert in what we do, but we do expect you to want to learn more about the technicalities of project delivery in order to enhance your management of projects
What’s in it for you?
- A rare opportunity to be pivotal team member in a fast-growing business with global ambitions
- Involvement in a large variety of projects for big customer accounts
- We provide a flexible and supportive working environment – as long as the job gets done, we are happy to provide reasonable flexibility and in return we would expect the same if required
- Hybrid/remote working
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Competitive compensation package based on experience of candidate