We have an exciting new opportunity for a Project Manager to join our fast-growing International IT services business based in, Hertfordshire. Proceed Group are recognised global experts in SAP archiving, decommissioning and content management of enterprise systems. In a nutshell, we help large organisations to better manage their data which results in improved business and IT performance, reduced costs, increased ROI and ensures legal data compliance. In our 20-year history, we have helped 650+ customers with their SAP data management strategies. For more information visit https://www.proceedgroup.com/
This newly created role is a full-time position. We are open to the location of applicants – ideally someone based in the East or South-East of England, but we will consider other areas within the UK. The majority of work will be home-based, but there may be occasional requirements to work from client sites.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join Proceed at a critical stage in our growth. You will be instrumental in improving and strengthening our Project Management capability and will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects from small to large, short to long, all with well-known enterprise end clients. You may be required to work on one major project or you could be running several small or mid-sized projects.
Our projects are delivered by an friendly team of expert technical consultants, based across the UK and Europe, as well as our offshore centre in India. The projects we run are business critical to our clients, who entrust us with their valuable data, so they want to know that their project is in your safe hands.
To thrive at Proceed you must be a self-starter who can work independently with little management. We trust that you are an expert and as such we’ll leave you to get on with your job, but will be on hand to give you the support you need to excel. We welcome innovative ideas and if you think we need to change what we do and how we do it, tell us and we will listen.
For our projects to be successful there are four simple KPIs that we look at:
- Will the customer shout from the rooftops about what a great job Proceed did?
- Will our consultants say that they had an enjoyable and stress-free time working on the project?
- Was the project delivered on time?
- Was the project delivered to budget?
- As a Project Manager you will provide project management expertise throughout the entire ERP Implementation project lifecycle.
- Your strong project management, interpersonal and organizational skills enable you to keep all stakeholder satisfied and updated on the progress of the project.
- You will follow change control procedures, ensuring stakeholder agreement beforehand for any revisions to the project from project sponsors.
- You track project deliverables and communicate with customer sponsors to deliver on-time, within scope and on budget.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing solutions in Private & Public sector
- Proven input into a sales cycle would be an advantage
- Project Management qualification would be an advantage
- Track record of deployment & integration of Application Software solutions with on premise & Cloud technologies from SAP – at least 2 life cycles
- Excellent presentation skills to stakeholder audience focusing on demonstrating business value rather than technical solutions
- Ability to break down complex problems into manageable pieces allowing communication to an audience with a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent customer relationships
- You are passionate and skilled and will work closely with our consultants and clients to satisfactorily plan and schedule project timelines to guarantee on-time delivery
Personal qualities that we are looking for:
- A people person with the ability to understand, engage and build relationships with key stakeholders at all levels, no matter the personality type
- Dynamic and confident – a go-getter, confident in your own abilities and in communicating with others
- Challenging – having the confidence to question and push back where appropriate to either clients or consultants
- Meticulous and proactive – the devil is in the detail – be the one who identifies and manages risks and issues before they surface, to keep the project in the green
- Resilient and flexible – ability to deal with demanding projects, personalities and urgent requirements in a fast-paced, start-up style, changeable environment
- Independent and responsible – you will get on with whatever is required and take ownership for your projects
- Problem solving – problems don’t phase you and you simply rise to the challenge and find a solution
- Curious, interested and informed – we don’t expect you to be an expert in what we do, but we do expect you to want to learn more about the technicalities of project delivery in order to enhance your management of projects
What’s in it for you?
- A rare opportunity to be pivotal team member in a fast-growing business with global ambitions
- Involvement in a large variety of projects for big customer accounts
- We provide a flexible and supportive working environment – as long as the job gets done, we are happy to provide reasonable flexibility and in return we would expect the same if required
- Hybrid/remote working
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Competitive compensation package based on experience of candidate