We are seeking an SAP Data Archiving Consultant, to join our team of analytical and critical thinkers. You will be instrumental in architecting and leading implementations of enterprise-level solutions of SAP Data Archiving with the opportunity to learn SAP ILM. You will define the problem, propose, and create the solution. The successful candidate must have proven, successful experience in all aspects in designing of SAP data archiving from requirements gathering to implementation and post go-live activities. You will have client facing experience and strong communication skills as this role will partake in daily collaboration with business representatives and technical leaders.
You will provide guidance and insights about the nature and implementation of Data Archiving and ILM GDPR applications to the implementation team as well as other stakeholders in the business. You will guide teams on project processes, deliverables and contribute to the proposal development, client training and internal capability building and help detail the project scope. You will have the opportunity to shape value-adding consulting solutions that enable our clients to meet the changing needs of the global landscape.
This role requires that, in addition to strong technical knowledge of SAP data archiving, the candidate must demonstrate an understanding of customer business processes such as order to cash, purchase to pay, etc.
- Reviewing customer’s current archiving strategy and verifying scope within SAP Landscape
- Collaborating with members of functional and infrastructure teams to identify and refine requirements and any data-related optimization opportunities
- Performing database analysis to identify and formulate proposed archiving roadmaps
- Communicating effectively with project team members at different technical knowledge levels and often remotely across diverse geographical locations
- Leading data archiving workshops to present findings to key stakeholders
- Preparing all project documentation and understanding of key business process flows
- Configuring SAP data Archiving Objects for Retrieval and/or Deletion, across various modules. This includes the Read programs, Archive Information Structures (AIS), DRB views and other SAP-standard reports.
- Identify test data for unit testing, integration testing and user acceptance, working with client’s functional consultants for validation of test results
- Scheduling and executing Catch-Up and Ongoing Archiving runs, reviewing results, and optimizing where required
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues, running knowledge transfer sessions
- Retaining overall view of project implementation to ensure a quality result
Qualification and Training:
- Any Technical Graduate Degree
- BSc in Computing and MSc will be a plus
- 5 years SAP data archiving experience
- Strong Customer Services
- Experience working with archiving with Business Suite on HANA or S/4 HANA
- An understanding of ILM functionality supports GDPR compliance
Qualities and Attitude:
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Excellent organisational and team working
- Effective decision-making skills
- Flexible to fast changing project requirements and delivery requirements
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of the implementation, customization, and configuration of ILM technologies.
- Experience of business processes purchase to pay, order to cash is mandatory, others are a benefit.
At least 3 end to end implementation project on SAP Data Archiving