Thursday, 13th February 2020
Proceed Group is delighted to announce a new specialist subsidiary company, Proceed Decommissioning Ltd, in response to growing customer demand for assistance with decommissioning SAP systems and retiring SAP business applications. This new business will offer unique customer value by bringing together Proceeds’ twenty years’ experience in SAP data management with new decommissioning offerings.
Joining Proceed as Managing Director of Proceed Decommissioning Ltd will be Robert Reuben. Robert brings extensive experience of enterprise IT following successful roles at SAP and IBM, most recently within the SAP Platform and Technologies team, including leadership and management positions with both European and Worldwide responsibility.
“I’m thrilled to join Proceed in this exciting new role. Proceed have built a reputation for having exceptional customer focus, market-leading skills, and two decades of successful customer engagements. Their focus on SAP system decommissioning comes at a time when customers have unprecedented requirements to retire legacy applications in order to reduce costs, deliver innovation, and address environmental challenges. I’m excited to be in the position to provide solutions for these critical challenges”, noted Robert.
Proceed Decommissionings’ new solutions;
Proceed Decommissioning Hub
Developed in-house and taking advantage of Proceeds’ extensive experience in SAP applications, the Proceed Decommissioning Hub is a new software solution built on SAP HANA that provides:
- The ability to extract data from both SAP and non-SAP solutions, leveraging the enterprise integration capabilities of SAP HANA and SAP ILM.
- Intelligent reporting to enable business-level views of the extracted data without requiring access to the retired application.
- Choice of deployment model with both on-premise and cloud options available including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and private cloud services.
Proceed Decommissioning Cloud
The Proceed Decommissioning Cloud provides a cloud-based, fully managed, implementation of the Proceed Decommissioning Hub delivering:
- Data extraction by Proceed specialists.
- Ongoing repository for extracted data.
- End-to-end lifecycle management of customer data.
These solutions, complemented by Proceeds’ consultancy offerings, will enable customers to:
- Retire legacy applications, realising significant TCO savings from infrastructure, software application, and staff costs and by moving from on-premise hardware to low-cost cloud systems.
- Refocus IT staff from support of legacy applications to strategic innovation projects, better supporting business priorities.
- Achieve environmental priorities by retiring older application server and storage hardware and moving to the Decommissioning Hub on modern, higher-performance cloud infrastructure.
During 2019 Proceed worked with one of the largest telecommunications providers in Canada to decommission multiple SAP systems from subsidiary companies acquired over the last 5 years. Proceed were able to decommission over 25 million records from all modules of SAP including Finance and HR, enabling the applications to be retired and the infrastructure to be fully decommissioned. In this case the data could then be viewed from the customer’s current SAP ECC6 systems via their data retention warehouse.