SAP has announced it will end SAP ECC6 support by 2027 and companies should start planning their move to SAP’s state-of-the-art SAP S/4HANA platform. The ultimate key component and critical success factor for the SAP S/4HANA migration is SAP data archiving.
Data preparation is key to ensuring a successful data migration and SAP S/4HANA implementation.
Data preparation activities entail:
- Scaling down your IT landscape to ensure leaner systems;
- Removing unnecessary data;
- Removing identified data to a secure storage archive;
- Decommissioning legacy systems while ensuring accessibility to legacy data; and
- Ensuring accessibility to archived data as required for audit and business requirements.
SAP Data Archiving is crucial and an effective strategy in managing ongoing data growth, increasing security, improving compliance and controlling costs.