SAP Information Lifecycle Management (SAP ILM) component allows SAP customers to manage the full lifecycle of data in a structured, automated and compliant way. We use SAP ILM extensively to deliver successful archiving, decommissioning and GDPR projects. Certain areas of this component come as standard and we will identify the specific system requirements as part of our initial discovery phase.
SAP Information Lifecycle Management (ILM)
Control and comply using effective Information Lifecycle Management
What is SAP ILM
Benefits of SAP ILM
Data volume management
Allows for the execution of a data management strategy that is fully integrated and automated. It applies rule-based retention management policies and optimised data compression.
Remove the cost, time and resources associated with running old and redundant systems, by decommissioning legacy systems. Full access to data is retained for business and legal purposes.
SAP ILM allows for a fully automated, flexible approach to the retention of data across the full lifecycle. This ensures your business is fully compliant with regulatory requirements – covering different jurisdictions.
SAP ILM features
The SAP ILM product is based on three complementary pillars:
Data archiving and management
- Manage and analyse data volumes without impacting business operations
- Securely move legacy data from the database to more cost-effective storage
- Full access to archived data
- Supports the setting and implementation of all retention policies
- Manage the responsible destruction of data
- Works across the full lifecycle of data including documents
- Allows for the decommission of both SAP and non-SAP legacy systems
- Enforce retention policies on data from a shut-down system
- Central view of data and on-demand reporting available
Proceed SAP ILM implementation
- Proceed Group has been implementing SAP ILM for many years and have helped hundreds of customers achieve their archiving, decommissioning and compliance objectives
- We have more SAP ILM consultants than any other company. Our expertise goes beyond the technical aspects – we really understand the business considerations
- SAP has awarded us with a master services agreement – and we support them and other partners with all things related to SAP ILM
Case Study: Maple Leaf Foods made their transition to SAP S/4HANA with an archiving approach
Maple Leaf Foods were faced with a number of challenges moving from their SAP ECC system to SAP S/4HANA. Learn how Proceed helped rightsize their data allowing for the successful removal of approximately 4.5TB of data, which ensured a much more efficient transition to the new system.
Learn more about SAP ILM
Data protection with SAP ILM
How SAP ILM addresses data protection to adhere to legal requirements and privacy concerns
Retention and destruction
Importance of integrated retention and destruction of data as part of the data lifecycle
SAP ILM technical information via SAP Help portal
Learn more about the SAP ILM product features